- Countless restaurants claim credit for this dish along the Texas-Mexico border. Whoever it was we thank them! This dish has been around for well over 70 years. Just like then, we love them now, a great party platter or simply as an appetizer.
- 5 oz tortilla chips
- 1 cup Refried Beans * warm
- 6 oz Cheddar, monterey jack, or asadero cheese, or a combination of two of the three cheeses grated
- 2-3 ea Jalapenos minced or sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo Optional
- 1 Border Escabeche Optional
- 1 Guacamole Optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Spread each chip with a thin layer of beans.
Place the chips on a heatproof baking dish or platter.
Top the chips with equal portions of the cheese and sprinkle jalapenos overall.
Bake the nachos for about 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted and a little bubbly.
Serve the nachos immediately, accompanied, if you wish, with pico de gallo, escabeche, guacamole, or all three.