A great appetizer easy to make, sure to please everyone.
Servings 2 Quarts
- 4 cups dry pinto beans
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin seed
- 3 tsp salt to taste
- 6 tbsp bacon drippings
- 6 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup margarine
- 1/2 lb sharp Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Cook beans with ten cups of water, onion, garlic, cumin, and fat until soft. about 3 hours
- Add chili powder and salt to taste. Do not have beans too soupy.
- While still warm, mash in the margarine, cheese and hot sauce.
- Beat until smooth.
- Serve warm in a chafing dish with tostados or corn chips