Award Winning Beef Fajitas
Rio Grande Valley Award Winning Beef Fajitas
Servings 10 people
- 6 lbs Skirt Steak skinned
- 10-12 ea Fresh limes
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- Fajita seasoning with a tenderizer to taste
- California garlic salt with parsley and other spices to taste.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Four hours prior to cooking
- squeeze fresh lime juice on both sides of meat and sprinkle lightly with teriyaki sauce
- let stand for 2-2½ hours
- Drain excess liquid
- Sprinkle garlic salt and fajita seasoning over meat
- Using a small brush, dab oil all over both sides of the meat. This will prevent burning the meat over hot flames.
- Cook marinated fajitas quickly over very hot coals.
- Flame cook until darkened, turn the meat over, and repeat
- Remove from flames once both sides are darkened.
- Cut into 1-inch strips across the grain.
- Serve with hot tortillas, pico de gallo and margaritas