Cisco's Huevos Rancheros
Traditional TexMex Huevos (pronounced "guevos") Rancheros or Translated Eggs Rancheros Style. This is a favorite authentic recipe. try it! This recipe was served at Cisco's in Austin Texas and served to such celebrities as LBJ, George Bush Sr, and Willie Nelson to name a few. Serve with bacon, Frijoles Refritos, and flour tortillas.
Servings 4 People
- 1 Medium garlic clove
- 1 14.5 Ounce can of peeled tomatoes
- 3 Medium serrano chiles, stems removed
- 8 Large eggs
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute the tortilla pieces until slightly crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. When the eggs are partially set, add the Cheddar, cover, toss a few more times until the cheese melts.
- Add tomato, onions, and chiles, cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the eggs and mix with a spatula, scraping up the eggs as they cook.
- When the eggs are partially set, add the Cheddar, cover, toss a few more times until the cheese melts.
This recipe is from Cisco's Bakery in Austin, Texas, Can be found in Robb Walsh excellent book Tex Mex Cookbook