One of the best true authentic Mexican rice recipes for your Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes.
Servings 6 Servings
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Rice
- ½ ea Onion sliced
- ½ ea Green pepper sliced
- ½ can Whole tomatoes with green chilies
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Ground cumin
- ½ tsp Chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup Hot water
- ½ cup Canned or frozen peas and carrots
- Heat oil on medium heat in a skillet
- Add rice, onion, and bell pepper, and brown. Careful not to let it burn!
- Blend tomatoes and spices in a blender. It should measure 1 cup of liquid.
- Add hot water and blend again.
- Add liquid mixture to rice and stir.
- Return to a boil for 30 seconds.
- If desired, add peas and carrots at this time.
- Stir only once or twice only.
- Cover skillet with a tight-fitting lid.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Do not uncover skillet.